Background

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Challenge 229 - Specialty Paper

Hey there crafty people!

Challenge 229 - Specialty Paper

So, the challenge is to use specialty paper - DSP, Vellum, Window Sheets, Glimmer Paper...whatever speaks to ya!  My card for you today is a little bit autumn...my favorite season...and it is modeled after one I did for a swap I participated in at Convention this year.  I thought the concept and the use of the window sheet in this way was really clever.  I put that together with a couple tried and true techniques that I haven't personally used in a while...so it truly was a challenge for me.  After stamping the larger leaf inside and out, I stamped the image onto a sticky note and cut it out.  I then used the sticky note copy as a mask to cover the large leaf while I stamped both layers of the smaller leaf.  As you can see, I also used the rock and roll technique on the inside of both leaves.  I think this is the perfect stamp set to use that technique for, as it just gives such a great look to the leaves.   I'd love to hear what you think!

Don't forget-as always, you can check out the LNS Challenge Blog for samples and inspiration, and upload your own sample once you've finished.  We'd love to have you play along!


Supplies Used:

Stamp Sets: Gently Falling, Thoroughly Thankful (retired)
Cardstock:  Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Garden Green, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Accessories:  Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon, Sweater Weather DSP, Basic Jewels Pearls, Large Pearls, Clear Window Sheets (acetate)


Ready to order? Go to www.angelakhan.stampinup.net
Have questions? Email me at sakina716@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment