Background

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kind & Caring Birthday

Hello there,


Today has been an absolutely beautiful day here in Northern Virginia. So beautiful that I was able to sit outside and watch my kiddos play for about 3 hours, and since I have ZERO tolerance for heat or humidity, that is saying something!


What I have for you today is a couple pics of a gift I made for a neighbor who's birthday get-together is this weekend. It is a simple set of cards, using some fun, bright colors, and then paired with a lunch-box style tin that I picked up at my local craft store and altered to match the cards. Now, I wanted to make this card square, but I also wanted them to be able to be mailed, so that means they had to be at least 4x4. In concentrating too much on them being mail-able, I ended up making them too big to allow the tin to close. Oh well..it's decorative anyway, so I hope she doesn't mind sitting it on her desk with the cards peeking out a little bit.


So, please leave a comment and tell me what you think.



Supplies used:
Paper: Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Whisper White cardstock; Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Paper

Stamps: Kind & Caring Thoughts (Level 3 Hostess Set)

Ink: Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry

Accessories: Crushed Curry Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini-Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Oval Punch, Scalloped Oval Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch



1 comment:

  1. Those colors look great together!
    I'm with you on the weather! Not many days a year that the temperature is nice and there's no bugs!

    ReplyDelete