Background

Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'm BAAAACK!!

OK...so...Summer's making an exit, the kids are back in school, my craft room has finally been painted, so now it's time to get down to BUSINESS!!!
I just came back from the Stampin' Up! Regional Seminar in Baltimore, MD and let me tell you-WHAT A DAY! The weather was beautiful and I got to spend the day hanging out with my Stampin' Up! ladies and watching some amazing and inspiring presentations.
Speaking of presentations, here is a video recap of this year's Convention for anyone who was not able to attend. It was more fun that you can imagine, and the "theme song" was pretty cute as well. So, take a minute and laugh along before reading the rest of my post (sorry it's so long today, but it's been a while since I posted)
Doesn't that look like fun?
Well, Regionals was a lot of fun as well and I want to share some of those things with you too, but since I'm so far behind, and this is already turning into a lengthy post, I will save those pictures for later...but believe me, you won't want to miss them!
So...some housekeeping announcements:
1. Do you guys like blog candy?? The reason I ask, is because several times I have sent blog candy or random "thanks for being a follower" candy to people and nobody ever reports whether it got there or not. Little things like that make me wonder if it got lost in Pony Express Land...so from now on, if you win a blog candy, couldja let me know it arrived?! Thanks
2. Since my craft room is finally painted, I wanted to announce the winner of that contest as being
ANITA!
Anita guessed Daffodil Delight and she was totally right! I love color, and I wanted my craft room to be bright and airy and energizing, so I picked a color that motivates and inspires me. Now...to get it organized!
OK...some upcoming events-I've had to take some events off my calendar, and put some new ones up, so let me apologize upfront if in reading my blog, checking my demonstrator website, or viewing my Meetup.com group, you find some inconsistencies. There will be some, I'm sure...that's just the story of my life these days...
Something I'm very excited about is the
"Town Wide Tag Sale" next weekend.
If you will be in the Loudoun County area on Saturday, October 9th, you should definitely check it out!
It's basically a big string of sales all over town including everything from private home yard sales to vendor booths and craft tables. The local library will also be holding a BOOK SALE the same day, and there are even maps of the town telling you where all the sales are. I will be hosting one of those craft tables. You can sign up to win a fabulous door prize, and I will also be selling some cute and prettyful projects I've concocted over the past few weeks and plenty of retired stamp sets and accessories. There will be a quick make and take project as well as my workshop calendar and blog/newsletter sign up forms. Plus I will be displaying some of the other amazing things that can be made using Stampin' Up! product and a little imagination. Worried that you are lacking in either of those two things? Well, good news...that brings me to my next upcoming event- my October workshop.
My next workshop is scheduled for October 27th at 2pm.
I'll be sharing some ideas and techniques, we'll be making some very cute projects and- of course- we'll be having TONS of fun!
Please let me know if you'd like to attend this event-and don't forget, if you sign up and let me know you're bringing a friend...you and your friend BOTH get a special GIFT when you arrive!
Doesn't get any better than that, right?
If this date doesn't work for your schedule, please feel free to contact me so that we can work together to set up a time that DOES!
OK...that's all I'm going to put in for tonight...now I'm headed upstairs for a hot bath and a foot rub which my husband doesn't know he's going to give me! I'll be back soon with LOTS of pictures of samples posted at Regionals.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I found your blog! I miss you already!!!! Question: How did you use the big shot to create several top notes at a time...at least I thought that is what you said you did. I want to try it but wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on a secret trick you had...
    Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see pictures of your room. I would love to have my scrap room Daffodil Delight.

    ReplyDelete