Background

Sunday, January 16, 2011

SWAP Time!

Hello Everyone!


Today I have a couple cards that I've made for some swaps I've joined on Stampin' Connection. (That's the demo only sharing forum created by Stampin' Up!)

The first one is a Birthday Card-I've noticed that I don't usually make birthday cards ahead of time. I find myself running to the craft room to throw one together the day before (or worse-the day OF) a friend's birthday. Well, not anymore! I've joined this swap so I'll have 12 fresh birthday card ideas in my hand, ready and waiting to be CASEd. Er...I mean...yeah, well-let's be honest-I LOVE TO CASE! So they probably will serve as models for my crazy copycat self. I hope they all come marked with the original artist's name, so I can give credit where it's due....


OK...so here's the card: the group I'm in required me to use the "Crazy for Cupcakes" stamp set.


Not a lot of complicated stuff to this card-just quite a few layers. And some marker action. I colored the image using my Stamp N Write markers. I ran the big white layer through the Big Shot with the polka dot texture folder and then glued it all together. Hmm...what else- oh yeah-the sentiment is from a new set called "Fabulous Phrases" and the little baby heart, is from the Heart to Heart punch....which I seem to only pull out around Valentine's Day. Hafta change that!

For the second swap, I had to make either a St. Patrick's Day or a Thank You OR a Girl's Birthday card. Well, I chose to make a Thank You card because I knew I wanted to use the Just Beleive stamp set with the stencil technique...




It's hard to see but I sprayed the main image with Vanilla Shimmer Mist. I love that stuff. Actually, I would have liked to use the Gold, but it's empty and I forgot to add it to my last order. So...until I place another order-Vanilla it is! Still pretty, just not "glowing" like the gold would have been.

Ok well, I look forward to reading your comments and suggestions-let me know what you think!

And remember, if you'd like to order any of the supplies I used here today, you can order them 24-7 at www.angelakhan.stampinup.net.

See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment