Background

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Father's Day Frame and Card Class

Hello Crafty People!

Today's share is a project I worked late into the night last night on.  On Wednesday, I have a class where my ladies are creating a home decor frame and one card for the special Dad in their lives.  Since there are so many ways to use Stampin' Up! product to make masculine projects these days, I struggled over the decision of what to make this project look like.  But in the end, I realized I had never done a piece with "The Open Sea" and a couple of my ladies had mentioned that they really liked the nautical theme for a masculine project, so that's what I ended up going with.

I can't show you the card yet, because I'm saving it for next week's post...so you'll have to be patient.  But know that it coordinates with this project, so if you like this one, please check back for the matching card!


Also, forgive the use of some retired products here...I don't usually use much retired stuff because it doesn't seem fair to show you a fun project and then tell ya "sorry, you can't get that anymore"...but a couple of these things (listed in red) are just too good to let go of!

As always, thanks for looking!  Comments and suggestions welcome!

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  The Open Sea, Word Play (last chance to order this!  Retiring May 31, 2013!)
Cardstock:  Midnight Muse, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Midnight Muse, VersaMark
Accessories:  Botanical Gazette DSP, 2012-2014 In Color DSP Stack, Spiral Punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Antique Brads, Linen Thread, Stampin Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge


Ready to order? Go to www.angelakhan.stampinup.net
Have questions? Email me at sakina716@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment